Tuesday 8 May 2012

Paper Doll Book


  The year before last, before I left the course, I was working on a paper doll book for the publish project. Paper dolls were one of the things I loved when I was little. I used to collect all sorts of them, from Elizabethan costume, fashions worn by the stars of Hollywood to bridal fashions.



Also, I've always been fascinated by historical fashion and costume, decided to bring these two together in my paper doll book:
 
I then based this around pasta. (I really can't remember why now) I decided to design a dress for each decade in the 20th Century based on a type of pasta. For example, (in the image below) the 1960's Ravioli quilted dress, the 1970's Penne pasta trouser suit, the 1980's Spaghetti gown and the 1990's Lasange Dress.


 I

No comments: